From head to foot, men can say a lot about style with accessories.
As our average temperature starts to climb in St. Pete, a typical conundrum for many is how to wear less while still looking stylish. Well, one of the best ways to show style is with innate confidence and inherent coolness. The rest of us should consider some key and timeless accessories to do the trick.
Yves Saint Laurent once commented, “Fashion fades, style is eternal!” and there is no better conveyor of subtle yet distinguishing style than shoes. It’s one of the first things many people look at when they meet someone. Try a pair of immaculately polished monk straps with lightweight jeans and an ultra-fine merino wool t-shirt. You’ll demonstrate confidence, coolness and look like a million dollars!
For those who caught it, yes, merino wool t-shirts have some exceptional benefits for us here in Florida. Their antibacterial (lanolin wax, odor-free) and regulating effect will keep you warm when it’s cold and much cooler in warmer climates. It’s also moisture-wicking and is a 100% natural fabric.
Now back to shoes.
A pair of Goodyear-welted, handmade shoes will cover a multitude of sins. It is a wardrobe staple for any man with graceful discernment. There are a few main items to understand when considering shoes:
- Construction of the shoe allows for long-lasting enjoyment with proper care and maintenance. A well-made shoe, Goodyear-welted or hand-sewn, can be re-soled to last for decades.
- Cork insole provides cushion and shock-absorbing properties for all-day under-foot comfort with excellent maneuverability.
- Always look for premium upper leather with full-leather lining.
- Natural leather insoles provide breathability, lasting comfort, and, with a layer of natural cork, endurance and extra insulation.
- With wear, the sole contours to your foot shape giving the shoe a bespoke fit.
- Oak-tanned leather outsoles are treated for lasting durable wear.
- A reinforced stacked heel stands up to years of wear.
- Steel shank provides reinforced strength and support.